Army Installation Management Command Custodial Worker (CYS), NA-02 in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is not limited to those within the local commuting area, all interested parties are encouraged to apply. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP).
Fort Leavenworth Child and Youth Services (CYS) is recruiting for a Regular Full Time, Custodial Worker (CYS).
Fort Leavenworth is located in the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The immediate area is considered a national treasure with historic sites and homes filled with small-town charm and friendliness merged with Kansas City retail, attractions and entertainment. Kansas City, well known for its BBQ, Jazz and fountains, is rich in culture with a thriving performing arts scene. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers. For the sports enthusiasts, Kansas City hosts professional sports with the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting Kansas City soccer club. An international airport is conveniently located within a 30 minute drive of Fort Leavenworth. More information may be found at www.visitkc.com or https://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/.
Child and Youth Services are essential family programs which directly support the military lifestyle and reduce the conflict between parental responsibilities and mission requirements. We strive to meet the needs of our patrons and the installation mission through these systems: 1) Child Development Services (Child Development Centers & Family Child Care) 2) School Age Center 3) Youth Services These services are a supplement and support to our families who are the primary agents in the care and development of their children. CYS Services offers a range of age appropriate opportunities and activities for children and youth ages 4 weeks to 18 years.
Learn more about this agency
- Cleans, empties trash, dusts, disinfects, and deodorizes rooms, corridors, stairways, toilet facilities and other areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums activity rooms and shared hallways/entryways; cleans and sanitizes meal tables.
- Collects soiled laundry, washes, dries and redistributes clean linen
- Preparing bleach solution, distributing it to the classrooms; helping with sanitation of toys and equipment.
- Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
- #### Job family (Series)
3566 Custodial Working
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Available to work early mornings and/or evenings, occasional Saturdays
- FBI and State Criminal History Repository Fingerprint checks required
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- Provide references of prior places of employment
Submitted resumes should fully detail paid work/unpaid volunteer experience as it relates to qualifications of this announcement. Resumes will be reviewed to ensure the following minimum qualifications have been met:
Must be able to dilute and use various cleaning and sanitizing solutions to disinfect items and/or remove different types of stains on varying surfaces.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Sponsor Orders to Fort Leavenworth and marriage certificate for Spouse Employment Preference verification; DA Form 3434 for current/former NAF employees
- DD 1300
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12 pm (noon) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Fort Leavenworth NAF Human Resources Office
EX-NAF-W6B7AA US ARMY GARRISON FT LEAVENWORTH DO NOT MAIL Fort Leavenworth, KS US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499904600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/17/2018 to 05/30/2018
Salary: $9.32 to $10.87 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 2
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent