Kiewit Corporation Safety Manager- Power Delivery in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Mar 13, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 73266
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Implement and oversee the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures.
• Conduct training, including new hire orientation and safety meetings, as well as, identify needs, evaluate, deliver and provide administration for appropriate training activities utilizing assigned internal and external resources.
• Monitor all transmission and distribution construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
• Conduct periodic site visits to monitor and assess the execution of the Safety Program.
• Prepare safety observation and improvement reports to Management and/or client following an incident or high-potential consequence near-miss.
• Root Cause evaluation and determination for review and creation of correction implementation.
• Oversee work in multiple areas to ensure that area efforts are in line with corporate goals.
• Align Owner, partner and subcontractor safety programs to meet Kiewit and contractual requirements.
• Oversee Kiewit project safety professionals to ensure implementation of Kiewit policies and project specific requirements while also ensuring implementation of Kiewit’s No One Gets Hurt program.
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent degree/work experience
• Strong work ethic; good interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Effective oral presentation, report writing, and other written communication skills. Skills in operation of office and data based computer software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Experience in transmission and distribution work, underground, and with numerous voltages preferred
• Specialized experience overseeing and inspecting construction contractors working on high voltage electrical transmission line projects, including, but not limited to high voltage electrical installations, lattice tower erection/replacement, pole installation/replacement, direct burial pole installation, bell repair/installation, foundation installation and inspection, clipping and wire pulling.
• 3 years’ experience in the Electrical field preferred.
• 5-7 years Manager/Supervisor experience in a safety related position.
• Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements is required.
• Ability to train other safety individuals in safe work practices within line construction
• Understanding of OSHA standards for electric power transmission and distribution construction. Specifically FR protection, High voltage safety and fall protection.
• Understanding of local and regional differences in necessary safety needs based on I.B.E.W. requirements.
• Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is also desired.
• Fast-paced office environment.
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
• Regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Manager, Inspector, Wastewater, Engineering, Management, Quality