Black & Veatch Sr Financial Analyst in Overland Park, Kansas
Sr Financial Analyst
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Responsible for providing intermediate level management reporting and analysis. Responsibilities may include consolidation and review of combined results and plans with a general understanding of variances. May be responsible for development and maintenance of financial tools and models. Works under minimal supervision to independently complete assigned tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and assists with the interpretation of internal financial data. Provides moderately complex analysis and recommendations primarily to internal clients. May include identifying areas of concern.
• Prepares financial reports. Identifies, researches and explains variances to plan. Identifies reporting issues/deficiencies and develop alternative solutions.
• Assists with preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including the maintaining of planning tools and models. Assists with the preparation of the budget/forecast presentation and other documentation as directed.
Financial Tool & Model Development:
• Develops financial tools and models used for budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis & strategic planning.
• Has advanced level of enterprise-wide business systems knowledge to obtain and analyze data.
• Advise and implement system modifications for business structure changes.
Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Demonstrates strong technical knowledge. May assists with review of policies and procedures. May assist with knowledge transfer and training for staff, as assigned. Informs supervisors of conflicting priorities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement.
Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are associate vice presidents and/or vice presidents, department heads, finance managers, and finance directors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience. Typically 4+ years related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Technical Competencies: Microsoft Office Suite; Excel Advanced; Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Intermediate; Knowledge of percent complete accounting; Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Statements
Non-Technical Competencies: Customer Focus, Organizing, Planning, Written Communications, Action Oriented, Informing, Peer Relationships, Dealing with Ambiguity, Business Acumen, Decision Quality, Problem Solving,
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.