Rose International INC Network Specialist in Topeka, Kansas
Position Title: Network Specialist
Position Number: 284912
Location: Topeka, KS
Desired Skill Set:
Network Administration, Cisco, LAN, CheckPoint 1, WAN
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Location: Topeka, KS 66603
Duration: 6 months with intent to hire permanently
Brief Description of Job Duties:
Responsible for complex network infrastructure design, Firewall management and priority 1 incident resolution. Support major network design changes for interfacing new or upgraded systems into the network while forecasting future network operational needs. This position involves leadership responsibilities as a senior consultant and will provide upper level support for the HS-EBIT field staff for most complex problems. Analytical thought becomes more important at this level due to increased data and changing situations.
Candidate must be willing to occasionally be on paid stand/by and work overtime. Level 1 Security clearance is required.
• Ensure the network infrastructure, applications, and systems meet the functional and informational needs of the agency effectively and satisfactorily through planning, design, implementation, installation, and maintenance of the various components involved. Work includes complex network infrastructure design changes for interfacing new or upgraded systems into the network while future forecasting future network operational needs, firewall management and priority incident resolution
• Trouble shooting – provide upper level support for the most complex problems and priority-1 outages. Track all calls via SRS Trouble Tickets and DISC KIRM system. Coordinate with Central Office, Regional offices, technical staff, contractors, business partners, vendors, State Office of Information Technology Services Network Control, and Technical Help Desk staff to resolve problems. Travel, if necessary, to site tow work with vendors, engineers, technicians, or programmers for resolution. Follow progress will all necessary parties to ensure satisfactory resolution.
• Technical Assistance/Support – Support major network design changes for interfacing new or upgraded systems into the network while forecasting future network operational needs. Technical support/engineering assistance to users, vendors, contractors, and business partners for the most complex issues.
• Assist customers with operation/installation of network wiring and facilities (physical cabling, power requirements, asset management, and comparison costs).
• Access systems remotely to run port/system usage reports upon request.
• Develop procedure and training documentation for technical staff.
• Manage/Configuration – primary support for the firewall. Configure and manage infrastructure hardware and software.
• Technical Support/Engineering skills related to LAN, Cisco switches, VPN, F5, Frame Relay, IP Address administration, Mainframe Access, RSA-token database, remote access token, ASA firewall and security appliance, port access, Websense, WAAS, and UPS.
• Experience troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving various LAN/WAN, wireless, VPN, remote access/token, switches, WAAS, F5, and firewall issues.
• Experience in the following additional equipment: CISCO Switches, WAAS, firewall, ASA security appliance, and F5.
• Candidate must have strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Checkpoint Firewall training and experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, and three years’ experience LAN/WAN network support and edge security technologies or five years’ experience in LAN/WAN network support and edge security.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Five years’ experience in LAN/WAN network support and edge security may be substituted for college degree requirement.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)